With the multi-user mode of QuickBooks, you are allowed to add more than one user into a single account of QuickBooks. It is a very crucial feature but sometimes you may face some issues in the multi-user mode of QuickBooks. Sometimes you may face that the QuickBooks Multi-User mode doesn’t work properly and some of the connected users are not able to access the company file.
If your QuickBooks software is not working properly in the multi-user mode and you are looking to resolve it then this article can be a helpful one for you. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 if you require instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.
Multi-User Mode Requirements
To use multi-user mode in QuickBooks, you are supposed to fulfill the following requirements:
- QuickBooks Multi-user License: You are provided two options
- Purchase Multi-User License
- Add multiple users in existing license by following the below steps:
- Open QuickBooks and from the Main Menu tab, click on Manage Licenses tab
- One Computer System to Host QuickBooks: Set one system to host QuickBooks and QB files.
You find it difficult to use the tool as it comes with the latest versions and it is not friendly with the users. You may face various issues while setting up QuickBooks in multi-user mode because it is a bit complex process for the new QuickBooks users. You can face various multi-user issues due to various causes and some of them are as follow:
- QuickBooks starts running slow because you have added too many employees and licenses.
- The admin user is having some issues that’s why all the connected users as having issues.
- You are trying to access a heavy file which is taking more time to load than normal.
- Some management or functional issues are being faced by two or more users.
- A network connection is having some connectivity issues.
Resolution For The Multi-User Mode Not Working Error
Solution 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Software
- Log in to the server with administrator rights.
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to the Program and Features section.
- Locate QuickBooks from the list and uninstall QuickBooks.
- On the installation wizard, select Uninstall and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
- Insert an installation disk of QuickBooks or download the file from Intuit.com.
- Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- Enable the multi-user mode.
Solution 2: Configure The Default Setting
- Run QuickBooks and from the File menu, go to Utilities > Host Multi-user Access.
- Add the number of users that you want to add.
- If the multi-user mode is already enabled then you will have the option to disable the multi-user mode. You just have to click on Cancel.
- Set different usernames and passwords for every user in order to protect your data. Now, you are ready to use your QuickBooks software in multi-user mode.
Contact Us For Support
The provided solutions should help you out in resolving the multi-user mode issues. However, setting up multi-user mode is a bit complex process and it is easy to fall into various errors and issues. If you are still not able to resolve the QuickBooks Multi-user issues then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get your issues resolved instantly.