QuickBooks is a robust and reliable software that provides a total accounting solution for your business. It performs the financial activities easily and accurately for giving the desired results. But like other software, it is prone to errors or technical glitches. You can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-210-5289 in order to get an instant resolution.
Data damage in the Company File is one such issue. Company File contains all the database of your business. It includes all the transactions along with other details. Here in this article, we will discuss the sign, reasons and How to Fix QuickBooks Company File Data Damages. For more information, you can contact QuickBooks Error Support team.
What Are The Symptoms That shows That The Company File Is Damage?
When the company file is damaged then it shows some symptoms. Some of them are mentioned below. You can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-210-5289 for getting rid these issue instantly so that you can protect your company database from being corrupted.
- Any data issue that prohibits QuickBooks from Verify Data Utility or Verifies target.
- The values in minor are not the same on the screen or the Qbwin.log file.
- The QuickBooks suddenly shut down when you are trying to save or delete a transaction.
- It generates faulty or incorrect reports where total assets are not equal to total liability& equity.
- Transactions and Entries are missing from the Lists
- The QuickBooks runs slow and takes time to perform tasks to complete.
- The Paid Bills and Invoices are displayed as Unpaid.
- There is a negative balance remaining in the Transaction History.
- When you open the send feedback online and then open Bug Report window you see an HTML code in the window.
- You see accounts names followed by an asterisk (*). QuickBooks created such accounts because the original accounts were missing.
If you come across any of the above signs in your system then it could be a case of corruption in the company file.
What Are the Causes for data damage in QuickBooks?
The various causes which lead to data damage in QuickBooks are listed below:
- There is an increase in the data file size beyond a limit.
- Some of the important resources such as RAM, Virtual memory, network interface cards, routers, network cables, etc are missing.
- A sudden power surge or drop which could trash the complete hard-drive.
- Improper shutdown of the system due to technical or other factors
- Any kind of malware or virus attack on the hard drive which can damage the database in it.
How To Prevent File Corruption in QuickBooks?
There are many ways by which you can avoid file corruption in QuickBooks. You can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to talk with our technicians for better assistance. Some of the methods are mentioned below:
Update patches– Find the release number in the first line in the Product Information window in QuickBooks. Then by using the latest patch, you can resolve the issue.
Limit The File Size– QuickBooks Pro and Premier work fine with the file as large as 250 MB and might slow down when the file size reaches to 500MB or higher limit. Though QuickBooks Enterprise works smoothly till 500 MB and might slow down when it reaches around 750MB limit. So it is recommended to keep the file size to the required limit in order to avoid issues. You can use condense features in the QuickBooks to reduce the file size.
Monitor your database file fragments monthly– Fragmentation occurs when the storage of your system gets filled with data over time. You are storing data without doing a clean-up in it. So, you have to monitor your database to have smooth functioning.
List Size– You need to monitor the list limits. If you reach the upper limit then it won’t show any warning sign. Inactive list items are not considered in this list.
Company File Backup– Nowadays our data get automatically backed up in QuickBooks which is good but not enough. When the log files continue to grow then its performance gets affected and there are chances of getting corrupted. So it is necessary to create a backup. It is suggested to create a verified backup on a monthly basis.
Prefer a Hard-wired network over wireless– Wireless network increased the risk of dropped connection which can create issues with the data file. These issues can be avoided if you use a hard-wired network.
How to fix Corruption in Company File?
You need to follow the below steps in order to fix the corruption in Company file:
- Log-in to the QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Switch to Single User Mode
- Open the company file
- Click on Utilities and then on Verify Data. It may take some time as per file size.
- You will find a list of Errors detected by the Verify Utility. Now click on Rebuild. It may take time to rebuild the data as per the numbers of errors. Do not interrupt during the process.
Reach For Technical Help
Hopefully, with the help of the above steps, you can easily fix the data damage in the company file. For any type of assistance call on QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-210-5289 to talk to our technical experts. Our support services are available 24×7 for your assistance related to QuickBooks. Our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team had qualified technician who can fix all types of QuickBooks issues in quick time.
Submit your review